Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cloth Diapers? Why?

I began cloth diapering with my second child, Boston. I first started looking into them several months before he was born due to economical reasons. The more I looked into them, the more I found reasons for wanting to go with cloth (in no particular order):

1. The aesthetic factor. They come in a plethora of colors, and even PRINTS! So cute and adorable.
2. Very rarely do you have leaks or blowouts when using cloth like you do with disposables.
3. Babies have far less diaper rashes, or skin irritation with cloth.
4. Cloth is best for the environment.
5. You don't have a stinky diaper pail sitting in your nursery, or dirty diapers sitting on the steps waiting to be taken out to the trash.
6. You can save thousands of dollars going with cloth versus disposables, and even more if you have multiple children in cloth or use your cloth diapers for following children.
7. Wouldn't you rather have soft fluffy fleece against your skin rather than paper?

And so it began. My latest craze, fetish, interest, what have you. I have loved cloth diapering and have had a handful of friends follow with the cloth trend. To make it easier to answer the many questions I get, as well as inform others on cloth and how easy it is, I have decided to put it in writing.

Stay tuned for further entries and information.

No comments:

Post a Comment